clothes 2018

Jan. 3rd, 2019 08:45 pm
pax_athena: (lady in red)
[personal profile] pax_athena
To my own surprise, from all my resolutions for 2018, it's the "buy less clothes" that came most naturally to me. Not sure what shifted in my approach (because I'm still not good at sticking to only fair trade / good stuff), but something did.

So, 12 pieces of clothing that I bought in 2018 - plus the three I got as (unrequested, but amazing!) presents. I also decided not to count underwear and/or sports only clothes, but honestly, except for the pink bra that I mentioned somewhere here already, I did not need or buy anything else.








Summer shoes turned out to be a big thing - both my pairs of sketchers strap sandals died in the last years and so did my black flipflops. And my brown Italian leather sandals are on the verge of death - I already had them repaired once but now they developed a hole in the sole, so I guess I take them with me our next vacation and throw them away there. Add to it the incredibly hot summer and you'll see why I *needed* all the sandals I bought: brown strap sandals, brown/black slip-ons (from Crete), black strap sandals (from my favorite shoe brand, Think!).




... and then this pair of shoes just happened. I just really love everything about them: the d'orsay shape, the color (I've been looking for white front/dark back for a while now), the leather, the way they look on my feet ... The only problem is that they aren't super comfortable - yet. With the crazy move this summer I did not have the time to wear them in the way I need to. Something to do this spring/summer.






My dresses have to have pockets! I mean, it can't be that hard, can it?
Both are spontaneous buys, the yellow one in the airport, on the way home from London - for some reason, the British shops just have the best dresses. Also more often than not with pockets. The dark green one looks absolutely unassuming - I tried it on only because of the color and because I had to kill half an hour before my hair appointment and it was raining and H&M was the only shop open and I pretty much never like H&M clothes, so it could not hurt. Well, it looks absolutely amazing on me (just the right shape) and is now officially my "sitting on the employer side of the interview" dress.






Red accessoires are just me. However, my red belt is old and in a bad shape, thus the new one. And the earrings were a spontaneous find in Athens, in a tiny artist-run shop - I've been on a low-level lookout for larger read earrings for a while now and these are my favorite shape and my favorite deep red color. The enamel is extra interesting with the tiny black dots and the circles themselves are old Greek coins (something I only realized when back home). Anyway, if you are ever in Athens and like fun jewellery, I can only recommend the shop! (I actually went back the next day and bought a present for a friend, a teapot-shaped pendant ...)







I guess I am getting old, because I definitely need warmer clothes than I did in the past. Thus the growing number of sweaters. The black one is a bit outside of my usual style - a bit too playful, but I loved the idea and it's easy to dress down with a grey or dark blue jeans. The front is pretty plain, by the way. Also yes, this is another piece from my favorite French fast fashion shop. I may have been extra happy about the invitation to work in Grenoble because I could go shopping there. Priorities, right? (The work week there was super amazing and super productive, by the way.)
The red one is also a travel buy, this one from spain. I've been looking for something in chunky knit and for something in bordeaux anyway, but most sweaters (also the black above) are non-natural fibers and I do try to avoid those (unsuccessfully, because I'm drawn to pretty things and then ignore my resolutions). Anyway, this one was, surprisingly, from pure cotton. So it went home with me. Oh, and I was looking for a chunky knit black cardigan because I thought I underestimated how cold Norther Spain was in October - well, that cardigan is something I'm looking for for two years now with no luck. And I guess it will have to wait another year ...




Another buy in the French store - for some reasons their clothes just fit me. I did not think I needed grey jeans, I only put them on to decide whether I wanted to buy the black sweater (I had a dress on so needed some bottoms ...). But they turned out to be my most worn jeans this fall. So ...




They discontinued my favorite cami shirts with hess natur, but they added these tanks from the same line (i.e. same material). So I bought one and it's perfect. Perfect enough that my first buy for 2019 is the same tank in a different color. (Plus tank tops may be a better choice anyway given work ...)








So after the 12 things that I bought myself, the three that I got as presents: two pairs of warm socks, once made by my former colleague M., another by ♥'s aunt. And a constellations dress from svaha, courtesy of wonderful D.! Socks always make me happy. And this dress - pockets! Glow in the dark! Stars!

Date: 2019-01-03 07:56 pm (UTC)
hamsterwoman: (Default)
From: [personal profile] hamsterwoman
Oooh, constellation dress! That looks marvelous! And I like all your new sandals!

Date: 2019-01-03 08:38 pm (UTC)
bearshorty: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bearshorty
The constellation dress is wonderful! So pretty.

And I just love the red sweater.

I think all these clothes find you since you bought so many while traveling.

Date: 2019-01-04 09:37 pm (UTC)
seidenstrasse: (Emblem)
From: [personal profile] seidenstrasse
OMG das letzte Kleid! *_*

Date: 2019-01-05 04:02 am (UTC)
thistleingrey: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thistleingrey
Reason and her small cousin will have something like that Svaha dress in time for the cousin's next birthday, in the spring--from Svaha, but not glow in the dark. Pockets: very yes.

Date: 2019-01-18 02:42 am (UTC)
thistleingrey: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thistleingrey
everrrrrr ;)
I've worn knee socks with a skirt in order to put my cardkey somewhere, but agreed: it really shouldn't be necessary!

Date: 2019-01-09 02:00 pm (UTC)
giallarhorn: (myka bering)
From: [personal profile] giallarhorn
Dresses with pockets! You'd think it'd be the norm, or more common now considering how easy it is to manage, but alas. The constellation dress is really cool- you should do a test with how it looks like in the dark!

Profile

pax_athena: (Default)
pax_athena

Page Summary

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit